msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR in Kansas, training in Illinois

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR in Kansas, training in Illinois
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:05:25 -0400

[Deleted included prior post and HTML duplicate. -Una]

Ron and Tracy, Saline County has a nice website, but I have not gotten a
response to my email. Maybe a phone call is the way to go. Let me know if
you hear from them or know of training in our area. I got a note from a unit
in Osage Beach, MO. The lady who emailed me is Lauri Struve. website is:
www.obsar.org If I hear from KC,MO PD I will let you know, but they are a
new unit and may not know much more than I do! Thanks for helping me feel
"connected".

By the way, there is a Shawnee Police Dept. officer named Eric Thompson who
runs a group called EERU or Emergency Equine Rescue Unit and he teaches
classes on how to move or extricate injured/sick horses. He has a special
trailer with a camera in back so they can keep an eye on a critically ill
animal and they transport to KSU all the time. Our vets recommend them and
they teach firefighters and the like about this. Do you want their website?
Have a great day! Dana