msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Minors as members

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Minors as members
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 02:07:27 -0400

Those laws sound like my over protective mother drafted them. TN's child
labor laws prevent them from driving a motor vehicle at all. There are
certain power tools listed, but it is a pretty select list. It doesn't say
anything about pumping gas. Some restrictions are great, but some of what
you mentioned may be overkill.

Irv, how are they participating in the firefighter program if PA has all
these restrictions? That would be more hazardous than what we do. I can't
help but wonder if the judge meant to help minors, but ended up limiting
what they do so much that they are no longer able to function in the
program. Or perhaps that is what he/she intended.

Sherry C. Hicks
Summation Certified Trainer
Sanction Certified User
423) 593-9766