livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] TWO AGRICULTURES, NOT ONE, By John Michael Greer

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] TWO AGRICULTURES, NOT ONE, By John Michael Greer
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 4:13:39 -0700

I think the projection of 9 billion factors in the reduction of population
growth rate through education and the implementation of social security
systems. Even with a reduction in growth rates the population will continue
to grow too fast.

If no-till can feed 18 billion people the rest of the resource and waste sink
depletion problems are not going away. What point is there to feeding people
who cannot obtain shelter, clothing and security, and who are choking on
their wastes? IMHO we have to implement integrated sustainable systems that
balance all the factors required for people to thrive.