livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] TWO AGRICULTURES, NOT ONE, By John Michael Greer

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] TWO AGRICULTURES, NOT ONE, By John Michael Greer
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:58:00 -0600

Sustainability is not the only consideration. I strongly urge recycling
whatever organic waste we can use for growing. The fact that it may not be
around at some time in the future is beside the point. It's here now and we
can make good use of it or do less without it.

You can take that argument to its logical conclusion and figure that if the
resources to make the tiller or shovel or hoe didn't come from the selfsame
plot then it's not sustainable.