livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] More on Low Dairy and Meat Diets

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Tommy Tolson <healinghawk@earthlink.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] More on Low Dairy and Meat Diets
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:00:51 -0500

Joseph Tainter's The Collapse of Complex Societies is excellent source material backing your statement.
Transition (www.transitiontowns.org) intends to build community between people and their governments in order for people to recover their power to run their lives as they see fit so they can build the Post Petroleum social infrastructure that corporate rule (especially the fossil fuel industry) has effectively prevented for the last 40 years.  There's also a lot of good information at www.transitionculture.org, Rob Hopkins' blog site.  Transition is my work, when my health allows it, growing a just, sustainable world.
Thanks for Small is Beautiful.  I'm reading it again, too.  Great book!

Smiles.
Tommy