livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] More on Low Dairy and Meat Diets

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] More on Low Dairy and Meat Diets
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:28:16 -0700

Actually the validity of the article is limited to New York State and areas
where agricultural practices are similar. The assessment depends on rotation
of pasture crops with others. One would have to make a similar local or
regional study to determine how the idea applies to ones own area.

It probably is not valid here in Colombia where most dairy and meat cattle
are raised on permanent pasture. The vast majority of grazing here is a
disaster. The reduction in biodiversity, erosion, wasted land methane
generation ans so on are significant problems.