livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Growing all your own food - nutrition

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Growing all your own food - nutrition
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:18:18 -0700

Then let me strongly recommend Michale Pollan's recent book, In Defense of
Food. Hit #1 on the NY Times nonfiction bestseller list. I never suggest
everybody buy and read a book, but this is the exception. He connects real
food versus foodlike substances with the skyrocketing health problems
sometimes lumped together and labeled metabolic syndrome. And the more we
jump from one diet fad to another the worse we get. Considering a lot of
us who even have good health insurance can't afford so-called health care
these days, it's time to get radical about where we get our food.

And btw that site http://whfoods.org/ and the book look very promising.