livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Comfrey

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Comfrey
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:33:33 -0600

Compare these

http://www.horizonherbs.com/comfrey-root.html

"Note: If you are interested in comfrey, we only have the root presently.
We sell this root from our sister site at Herb Roots .com. Comfrey is easier
to grow from root anyway, as opposed to having to start from seed."
http://www.sandmountainherbs.com/comfrey_common.html

Comfrey usually does not produce seed, and plants obtained from seed are very
often inferior. Rooted divisions are planted out in the spring.
www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/duke_energy/Symphytum_peregrinum.html

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/c/comfre92.html
http://www.richters.com/progrow.cgi?search=Comfrey&cart_id=14660.523

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry