livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Terry Wereb <frosted-acres@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 21:53:08 -0700 (PDT)

umm, Pat, there is ALWAYS 'E.coli' in soil,and is as
common as the air you breath. They do not get into
the plants unless there is an injury to the plant--
hence the importance of a simple "washing" before
eating. Salmonella needs animal tissue to survive and
grow to harmfull numbers. Most salmonella cases are
transmitted by poor preparation practices in the
kitchen.

Terry-- I firmly believe in the 5 second rule-- after
5 seconds, rinse, then eat!!!