livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Scott Berkey" <berkeyscott@hotmail.com>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:50:02 -0400

I've read the Humanure Handbook and it's quite a fascinating read, very
entertaining actually. In my small circle of friends and family; however, I
seem to be the only one open to trying the idea of compost human manure.
Everyone else is just too squeamish.

If I remember correctly, the author had his completed compost analyzed
regularly and it always appeared safe for application to a vegetable garden
- but even he used it for landscaping and other non-food producing purposes.

Regards,

Scott