livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: moabgail@frontiernet.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 05:53:04 +0000

Quoting Scott Berkey <berkeyscott@hotmail.com>:

I've read the Humanure Handbook and it's quite a fascinating read, very
entertaining actually. In my small circle of friends and family; however, I
seem to be the only one open to trying the idea of compost human manure.
Everyone else is just too squeamish.

If I remember correctly, the author had his completed compost analyzed
regularly and it always appeared safe for application to a vegetable garden
- but even he used it for landscaping and other non-food producing purposes.

Regards,

Scott

This whole thread has cracked me up.

Of course you can use graywater for growing anything.

Plants do not absorbe and are not hosts for any of the possible human disease causing organisms found in either graywater or humanure.

Gail