livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:21:18 -0400

On Wed, 17 May 2006 09:58:49 -0600, you wrote:

>Here's a suggestion: use it to fertilize grass to be composted and later
>worked into the food garden.

You could use it to fertilize comfrey and then make compost
from the comfrey. Comfrey is supposed to make great
compost, plus it grows big.

Comfrey either is or is not safe to eat, depending on what
you read. (Probably not - it can cause liver cancer
apparently - eating comfrey is not worth risking liver
cancer.) But all seem to agree that it's great for compost.

I don't have a comfrey plant, but I'm going to get one soon.

Pat
--
Gardening in northern Pennsylvania.

Eat local food, change the world for the better!