internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] why not a mac?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: john broome <john AT jbroome.dyndns.org>
  • To: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] why not a mac?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:17:42 -0500

Ian Meyer wrote:

basically, I know a lot of mac users. I also know a lot of people who
think they're great computers, but for one reason or another, don't
have one. My question is simple: for all you non-mac users out there
in INW land, what is the main reason you don't have a mac?

Upfront hardware costs. Software isn't that much of an issue, it seems that the games I like to play eventually get to the mac, i use any specialzed software packages like CAD or anything, so yeah initial price for the level of hardware I'd like to have.

Of course this is the same in the PC world.. I'm not exactly overflowing in dual opterons over here.