internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] why not a mac?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jake Greene <jakegreene AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] why not a mac?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:30:21 -0500

I held off new computer buying all summer, hoping for some spectacular
product announcements from Apple. I was ready to switch. Couldn't
wait any longer, bought a powerful PC-based laptop.

What I really wanted was a G5 PowerBook, and I'd have been willing to
pay a pretty high premium for one. What I wasn't willing to do was
pay a really high premium for a G4 PowerBook that hasn't changed much
since it was first introduced. I mean really, why is the price still
so high? They're only marginally faster, and they've moved to a less
expensive case material.

Anyhoo, the G5 PowerBook isn't going to happen until next summer
(probably, I'm not psychic), and that's just too far away for me.
Maybe I'll switch in three years.

Jake