internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] why not a mac?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] why not a mac?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:44:27 -0500

U. Jason Gloege Jr. wrote:

> . o O ( add to that the fact that i can't piecemeal build a mac over
> time, or easily hardware upgrade one that i already have, and it's
> just not feasible for me )

Someone a while back wrote a great opinion piece about this wherein he
theorized that PCs are liked better because at our heart we are tinkerers
and like to tinker. He postulated that as cars became less and less
tinkerable, the PC became the outlet for many of us and that even though it
is less user friendly and less stable than say a mac or a unix machine, that
it is loved more because we tinker with it and establish a relationship with
it through our tinkering.