internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:52:33 -0500

I had an issue with the RR cablemodem, but it was eventually
resolved. I had the RR tech here once and she gave me a song-n-dance
about my coax cables being old and decrepit. They put another splitter
on and it seemed to improve for a while. Finally, Nileen couldn't get
out for a day or two and this put it over the edge. She gets testy
if she can't get to misshunt.com so I called again.
Another young lady came out and looked at it. (Of course, they said
they would be out during the day, but this person showed up at 9:30pm!)
She said there was a problem out on the pole and some people in bucket
trucks would be out to fix it. That came to pass the next day and we
have been up most of the time since then. Our wires probably are old,
but so far this hasn't been an emergency.

Sil Greene wrote:
Reported 04.01.06 15:13 from Calvin Powers:
**ping!!**
**ack!**

Looks fine from here. It's probably your computer; you should contact your vendor's tech support.