internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] hey all you Mac people

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] hey all you Mac people
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:28:24 -0500

On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 09:21 AM, Sarah Ovenall wrote:

Well I just wanted to update you all -- I tried everyone's suggestions & wasn't able to solve the problem, so I went to the Apple store. The guy there told me to open up the case and press a little button next to the battery. He said if that didn't work, then probably the logic board had been damaged when the power came back on. Alas, pressing the button didn't work.

This is the 2nd mac I've heard of that got "zapped" in a storm. I recommended a Mac for my mother, who left it on during a lightning storm and it also needed a new motherboard. Hmmm, two cases make a trend, alert the media :-)

No place better demonstrates the worst aspects of both the American
character and public policy than the nation's highways.
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC