internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] hey all you Mac people

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sarah Ovenall <sovenall AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] hey all you Mac people
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:21:44 -0500

Well I just wanted to update you all -- I tried everyone's suggestions & wasn't able to solve the problem, so I went to the Apple store. The guy there told me to open up the case and press a little button next to the battery. He said if that didn't work, then probably the logic board had been damaged when the power came back on. Alas, pressing the button didn't work.

He wouldn't tell me how much it would cost to replace the logic board, and to top it off I got laid off right before the ice storm. I am hoping that either my homeowner's insurance or the surge protector company will cover the repair. In the meantime I've been just leaving it on all the time and it more or less works OK.
-Sarah

(I have no idea what all of that about Open Firmware means, I'm sure it would be very helpful if I understood it :)