internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] I love my Cube, but..

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] I love my Cube, but..
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:19:58 -0500 (EST)

FYI if your using Final Cut Pro on this drive it's definately a
re-install. I've tried imaging, cloning, just about everything. Probably
your best bet is going to be cloning the drive, though if you've got OSX
and OS9 on the same partition I would suggest a reinstall and using
seperate partitions, unless you only use OS9 as classic, and don't boot
into it. I've noticed some weird fragmentation and corruption when using
them both from the same partition. My theory is that it's because the
different OS's treat the files differently.

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Dan Caugherty wrote:
> I have about 12GB used on this drive as it is (and all in the
> same partition, which scares the crap out of me), so a big bulk
> copy would be best. Thx anyway tho'.

> Dan Caugherty, Software Engineer

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
scott AT thehellbenders.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1951 Kaiser Henry J (4" chop, 60's custom front end, bellybutton)
1958 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight (2dr., 371 Rocket)