internetworkers - [internetworkers] hey all you Mac people

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sarah Ovenall <sovenall AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] hey all you Mac people
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:04:26 -0500

I didn't know there were so many Mac users on this list. My G4 (running system 10.1.5) has been acting weird since the power came back on: When I shut it down, the light on the front of the computer stays on. Then the only way to restart it is to reset the UPS -- the buttons on the monitor and the computer do nothing. When it starts up, it makes a loud beep and then starts in Open Firmware. Then I type "mac-boot" and it starts up normally.

I tried resetting the PRAM, which didn't help. That's about the extent of my troubleshooting abilities :) Any OS X guru who could help me out?

thanks, Sarah
--
Victoria Regina Tarot
http://www.thefool.com