internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] I love my Cube, but..

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Caugherty <caffeine1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] I love my Cube, but..
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:49:18 -0500

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve wrote:

See a little howto:
http://linuxselfhelp.com/HOWTO/Filesystems-HOWTO-7.html

And presto: no HFS+ support. D'oh!

Anyway, "dd" is a cloning utility, as it copies bit-per-bit any device
accesible through standard device to any device accesible through
standard device.

yeah, I've used it often enough, but I didn't think it was up for the
job: I need to move not just partition contents, but their meta-data as
well. (The target drive must be completely and utterly wiped clean,
partition information and all.)

Oh well. It's late. Pardon my aura of newbie-ness..

l8r,
+--Dan Caugherty ------------caffeine1 AT nc.rr.com------+
| "It's a shame that an entire family can be ripped |
| apart by something as simple as wild dogs." |