internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Our Unsatisfactory contest

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Our Unsatisfactory contest
  • Date: 17 Oct 2002 15:09:47 -0400

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 14:54, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> (this thread is winding down now, I promise)

Probably a good thing...

> If my stance on mailing list censorship is going to be put under the
> microscope, I at least want my stance represented fairly.

Sure, I'll grant you that.

I had, wrongly it seems, assumed that it was the other
thread in question because that's the only thing I could find
in our archives about censorship. I very distinctly, however,
remember the other thread, probably because it was a statement
I made that set that person off. In that case, I recused
myself from any "official" response to the thread, but I most
certainly didn't advocate any kind of censorship. In fact,
as far as I know, there is no one on the TriLUG Steering
Committee that would advocate any kind of censorship. While
we might tell someone something is in poor taste or spend
way too much time arguing with someone in e-mail (read: flaming!),
we'd most definitely bend over backward to let anyone have
their own say.

I don't remember any of the events that led David to believe
he (or anyone else) was being censored. Most likely it
was before I had become deeply involved in TriLUG. Therefore,
I can't talk about what has happened in the past. All I can
say, however, is that it won't happen with the current SC.

Michael, can you confirm if Matusiak has indeed unsubscribed
from this list or not? I certainly hope this is not the case.
I think we need all the views we can get and that if Matusiak
lets someone get to him that much, well, we all lose out. :-/

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace AT wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/