internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Our Unsatisfactory contest

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Our Unsatisfactory contest
  • Date: 17 Oct 2002 14:01:04 -0400

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 12:15, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> In my time on the TriLUG SC, a vote for list censorship came up and I
> was probably the single strongest voice *against* censorship on the
> TriLUG lists (other SC members were *for* censorship, but the vote was
> held in private so I'll leave your wild imagination to guessing who
> wanted to start censoring the list).

Well, if Chris won't say it, then I will, at least for myself.
I'm also on the TriLUG Steering Committee and the question came
up about this message from Chris himself:

http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20020617/008515.html

I thought the message was completely inappropriate and so did Kevin,
the SC Chair as he said in this message:

http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20020617/008516.html

As far as I remember (and can look up), though, there was never any
talk about censoring the list, just that, as members of the
Steering Committee, we should consider what we send to the list
because, like it or not, we're considered "authority figures" on
that list.

Anyway, my point is, Chris, I think that's a bad example since
the question of "censorship" was directed at you, and obviously
no one is going to be interested in censoring themselves. At
this point, however, this issue is long dead and resolved and
I would just suggest dropping the matter and not worrying about it.

As far was what's eating Matusiak, all I can say is David, calm
down, get away from the computer for a bit, and just relax man.
Nothing is worth getting so worked up over.

Tanner Lovelace
TriLUG Steering Committee member (but speaking only as myself)
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace AT wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/