internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Our Unsatisfactory contest

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Maria Winslow <maria.winslow AT windows-linux.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Our Unsatisfactory contest
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:24:14 -0400

When did I sign up to get Jerry Springer transcripts emailed to me hourly?

On Thursday 17 October 2002 12:15 pm, ya'll wrote:
> On Thursday, October 17, 2002, at 11:46 AM, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> > Chris(t),
>
> Cute.
>
> > as an independent-thinking adult, i consider this behavior of yours
> > injurious to me, and perhaps others. the word "infringing" comes to
> > mind.
>
> Oh you poor victim.
>
> > christianity and people like you
>
> People like me? Gosh, David, you don't even know me. You're throwing
> accusations my way that don't even fit. I have to wonder if you're
> talking to the right person or not.
>
> > are the main cause for my pain and animosity. the remainder of the
> > organized religions only add to this burden.
>
> Organized religions *are* terrible. I'm glad I'm not part of one.
>
> > that is why it gets directed right back at you.
>
> It sounds like you need a scapegoat.
>
> > my apology to you was based on the condition that you would keep your
> > religion and censorial ways to yourself -- and off the lists.
>
> I didn't see any conditions in there.
>
> > however, in less than 3 months you proved that you were unable to do
> > this and the good will was rescinded. tough break for you, i guess.
>
> I'm heartbroken.
>
> > not that i am interested in pursuing a libel suit, but you accuse me
> > of smoking crack without evidence,
>
> The delusions are a good hint. Congratulations, you have single
> handedly taken a constructive thread about local politics and turned it
> into a Christian bashing (both the faith and Christian Hedemark)
> festival. What's next for me? Got a hungry lion?
>
> > | I'd like to ask that the steering committee consider either a
> >
> > profanity
> >
> > | filter on the mailing lists, or heavier moderation towards those who
> >
> > lack
> >
> > | the fundamental vocabulary to express themselves without the use of
> > | profanity.
>
> [snip]
>
> You've thrown this at me before, David, and I'd like to point out that
> you're missing the context.
>
> Shortly before this, someone (maybe you, but I don't hold grudges the
> way you seem to so I don't recall who it was) was very upset that I was
> signing my mails with the prefix "Reverend" and asked that religious
> signatures be censored from the list.
>
> Someone, and I do think it was you, made a post laced with vulgarities
> and while it was not the first time, it WAS conveniently timed close to
> the time that I was catching flak for having some short bit of Biblical
> inspiration in my signatures. You may be taking that as a serious
> attempt at censorship, but my track record on the steering committee
> would disagree with your contention.
>
> In my time on the TriLUG SC, a vote for list censorship came up and I
> was probably the single strongest voice *against* censorship on the
> TriLUG lists (other SC members were *for* censorship, but the vote was
> held in private so I'll leave your wild imagination to guessing who
> wanted to start censoring the list).

> [...]

Maria Winslow
maria.winslow AT windows-linux.com
919.968.7802

Open Source Migrations
www.windows-linux.com

Visit http://www.windows-linux.com to find out how
open source software can save your business $500 - $1500
per desktop in your next upgrade. Linux is mainstream. (tm)