homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 18:55:55 -0500

Referencing the "don't give a hoot" comments..
I feel great about my new employer. Years ago, they eliminated solvent
based and flammable adhesives from their product line. Now, everything
we make is 'green'. We have regular meetings and training to make sure
we stay 'green' per our environmental policy. We have real goals for
energy reduction, water use, waste elimination, etc, and every employee
opinion and idea is valued. Upper management has spent a lot of money
to go with green technologies and eliminate waste by all sorts of
strategies, including increased spending for R&D. Innovation is prized.
It feels good to know that the boss feels the same way about the
environment as I do. I've never worked at a place that had such a
policy, and it is a stark contrast to where I used to work, so I feel
pretty lucky now.

Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed
somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA