homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:05:29 -0500

Well Ray, according to an archaeological site in South Africa, 164,000
years ago, man was harvesting seafood and cooking it over a fire for his
makeup wearing woman. :) Uncle Al would probably say it was the
cooking smoke... ;)

Just for reference, Neanderthals roamed about 100,000 years ago, and the
oldest human(still probably homo sapiens) footprints were found on the
Roccamonfina volcano in Italy, a mere 345,000 years ago.

So, here's what I think happened Ray...
One hundred thousand years ago, there were millions of homo sapiens
around the globe fishing and cooking with fire, then Lake Toba blew to
Kingdom Come, killing all but, say, 10,000 humans worldwide. Genetic
studies have confirmed a population bottleneck around this time.
Records suggest that there was a 6 year global nuclear winter followed
by 1000 years of super cold, a mini ice age. Only a lucky few survived.

So, I think perhaps the Earth will continue to make corrections and keep
life in balance. If we are lucky, scientists thousands of years from
now will call the coming correction(whatever it turns out to be) another
'population bottleneck'...otherwise, we will be a part of an extinction
event and we can only hope that our passing is witnessed and remembered
by the whales, dolphins, aliens, or whatever.

Bev

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:
Methane levels, according to Ice Core samples, go up and down, correlating to temperature variations, for the last, oh, four hundred
thousand years or so. The chart provided seems very cyclical to me.
I am wondering why, about a 110,000 years ago, there were high
methane levels, and high temperatures, when my grandfather didn't yet
have his SUV? And why, about 110,000 years before that, before his grandfather had a model T, we see another spike in methane and temperature level?

Hmmm. Ya think it might be Cyclical?

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/features/200409_methane/

Change your homestead list member options: http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/erthnsky%40bellsouth.net
View the archives at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead