homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:38:25 -0800

That is the problem with the whole global warming/climate change issue. "mankind is causing the climate changes." Nope, mankind is accelerating the process. AND, polluting oceans and rivers in the process. Mankind is the only part of the earth to dump nuclear waste/radioactive junk and petroleum products and pesticides and poisons into the water and landfills to seap into groundwater.

Since there is no known half-life and a whole bunch of the crap humans have created and then dumped, how does any healing begin when there is no known end?

As someone who had a beautiful crystal bowl from Tiffany's and a cut crystal plate from Austria both broken by her moron b-i-l, I am fully aware that when some things are broken there ain't no way to fix them.

There in lies my worry. Why worry about it if I'm not going to be here? Well, cause I don't like seeing beautiful things destroyed simply "because we can." And the snooty nose in the area, superior, NIMBY, I don't give a shit, why worry about tomorrow, I'll get what I can today attitude annoys the beejeebers out of me <g>

Lynda
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con. A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them." Dallas
snip<

Finally, lets assume that it is proven that mankind is causing the
climate changes we are currently observing, and that we are in fact
hastening our own demise. So what? I am not so arrogant to think that I
deserve to live here---I personally think that Gaia will prevail and
undo any damage we do, over time, even if that means wiping us off the
face of the earth with viruses or extreme temperature change. Once we
are gone, or at least until our numbers are immensely decreased, then
Gaia will begin the healing process. Maybe new bacteria or viruses will
evolve to degrade our traces. Over time, even our contaminated nuclear
rods will be reabsorbed and molten into the center of the planet(crustal
recycling).

The bottom line is that the Earth is changing all on her own. At first,
she was a molten red glob, then a water world, then a white snowball,
and now it is both green and blue. There are lots of reasons for these
changes that do not involve humanity. Do we really think we can alter
the course of Earth's natural processes?