homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: Gerald Brittell <gabrittell AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 19:18:13 -0500

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

> Since when do you get the idea that CO2 is the only greenhouse gas, or
> pollutant.

Never once had that idea.

> If that's the case, well our solution is to merely quit breathing.
>
> You go first.
>
> I'll watch, and make sure you get it right...

Where in the world do you get the information that a single eruption of Mt
Pinatubo releases more greenhouse gases of any kind than mankind has ever
released in his entire history, including sulfur dioxide, water vapor,
hydrogen sulfide, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, carbon monoxide, hydrofluoric
acid, and other trace gases and volatile metals?

Yes, if it is not already too late. If all humans stopped breathing, climate
change caused by our burning of hydrocarbons might adjust again within quite
a few centuries. Good observation. Somehow I don't think many will go for
that option, including me.