homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: Gerald Brittell <gabrittell AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:50:11 -0500

EarthNSky wrote:

All very true, but only part of the picture...
> In fairness, these estimates of emissions are based on recent(historical
> time) eruptions, all of which are regular type, land based eruptions.

Actually these figures included both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, and
it is the recent period, the last 100 years or so, that are being examined
for the sudden increases in co2 levels, not attributable to ancient
activity. Yes, other radical extinctions occurred. This is the one we must
face and deal with and I think have caused and are causing..

> http://volcano.oregonstate.edu/education/gases/man.html

...... thoughtful words snipped

Do we really think we can alter
the course of Earth's natural processes?

The basic processes? maybe not, but certainly the course of results. Look
right now at the oceans, the rivers, the landscape, the soils, the
atmosphere, the flora and fauna, already changed profoundly by human minds
and hearts and choices. Don't you think we may have been underestimating
the influence of man? I think so. If we set our mind to it, we could over
night literally split the planet in two. I have been told that whether or
not any life exists on earth, in a time much shorter than we have considered
possible, is totally dependent on whether or not those who know what is
occurring do what they know to do and can do. Homesteaders have much to
offer towards the goal that some survive what is coming upon us. Yep,
pretty radically sounding conclusions, and I best keep quiet again.

Jerry B