homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:24:07 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 11/28/09, Gerald Brittell <gabrittell AT gmail.com> wrote:

> True CO2, and Oxygen both are verv vital substances,
> you have that right,
> in the rright amount.  Either can kill instantly with
> too much or little.
> Close up a car in a garage and run it a few minutes and
> observe what
> happens.   No, don't please.

Forgive me please for diverting from the purpose of the discussion. But does
a modern car put out enough pollutants to kill a person. Never researched
the subject but I've heard that from at least one mechanic. Which doesn't
detract from the point being made.

Back to the subject at hand. Even if global warming hasn't happened yet, is
it possible? I've yet to hear any believable argument that it can't. It
seems to boil down to: "the climate varies naturally, so therefore any
warming we see is due to natural conditions". How does the first fact prove
the second??

The earth is not getting bigger but the population is increasing, and amount
of pollutants emitted per person is going up. Surely at some point we will
pollute more than nature can absorb.
One thing might well keep that disaster from happening. That is if we run
out of fossil fuels before that time.

Van Dell