homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:12:38 -0800

Everyone one needs to learn legaleze. The bill says that illegals cannot get any of the money to pay for healthcare. Now, that section they are talking about is where they say that if you want plan "x" and you can only afford to pay a certain %, then the government will pick up the balance.

HOWEVER, there are to be 3 levels of plans to be set up. Basic, Mid-level and Premium. The Basic plan is to be made available to EVERYONE even if they cannot pay anything. It requires NO premiums. AND, it is the plan where the new Czar is required to make available with no restrictions as to characteristics.

That means, *legally* and per the letter of the law should this become law, that illegals and anyone else can get the Basic plan because there would be no payments from the part of the bill that Sec. 246 refers to.

BTW, Sec. 246 was added after all the ranting about illegals getting coverage. It is a shuck and jive to try and shut people up.

And I've seen no change so far in any of the 4 bills (one more, possibly two coming down the Pike, so who knows) that are out there at this point.

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.
----- Original Message ----- From: <dsanner106 AT aol.com>

Apparently, this was the crux of the whole Joe Wilson debacle, the bill did not have any

provisions for ID'ing people seeking care under the proposed health care plan, so although

the language of the bill precludes illegals, if they don't ask for ID than it is a given they will

be served. They fixed that later that night after the presidents speech, they say so we will see.