homestead - Re: [Homestead] Immigration Reform, 1986, was Irony

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Immigration Reform, 1986, was Irony
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:22:33 -0500

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Lynda <lurine AT com-pair.net> wrote
(among other things):
And, we need to enforce the laws we already had before we
> worry about making new ones.  Hey, I say we enforce the Immigration Reform
> Law of 1986.  It dings employers who knowingly hire illegals.

I say a loud amen to that idea. Other countries seem to do it
successfully. But other countries are more successful than we are at a
number of things.

Marie