homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:33:20 EDT

I tend to agree Rob, and without knowing their income situations,
it is hard to judge this ourselves from the sidelines. It is plain though
that the father is having all his requests met and regardless of fault
in the divorce seems unfair. I think the judge is micro managing though when
he orders her to put the kids in public school. His job is to oversee
the divorce and make decisions on the amount of alimony and
child support. It should be up to the parents as to how they then
spend their money. If she can manage to homeschool and work part
time for instance, then that should be acceptable. Particularly so since
the children are testing above their age level.

As far as socialization goes, that is entirely up to the homeschooling parent
to provide. My kids were in baseball, soccer, church youth, boy scouts,
girl scouts, a homeschool group, band, orchestra, choir, dance and had
friends
in the neighborhood. Looking back, I have one friend from my school days,
the rest are from my neighborhood, teams, church etc.

In a message dated 3/13/2009 7:11:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,