homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:10:10 -0800

One correction. He wants more charter schools but he wants them all to be brick and mortar and they haven't to jump thru more hoops than regular brick and mortar. He is fighting with the NEA over this but, in states such as CA, the NEA won't be fighting because the state made teachers requirements the same for charters as "regular" schools.

Anyone ever do the bubble charts or play 6 Degrees From Kevin Bacon. It is really interesting to do with Teflon.

Valerie what's her name who he just made counsel for women and girls. Well, long story short, her mother was one of the founders of the Erickson Institute. Valerie hired Michelle before she was an Obama to work for Daley. Ayers foundation funded the Erickson Institute. The Obama girls went to the Lab school at the University that is run by the Erickson Institute. Valerie was Chairman of the Board at the University medical school when Michelle was hired and o.k.'d the $200,000/yr raise that Michelle got after Teflon got the University the $9 mill. And, he was probably telling the truth when he said the Michelle didn't ask him to do it. I'm sure it was Valerie and her mother that did the asking!

At anyrate, that cluster . . . is all about the government controlling her children from birth to death! Read Ayers writings on education.

So, we have come full circle from how public education started in this country where the rich got hold of the Prussian method and ran with it. We're right back to total control.

Lisa, no one is really picking on Democrats-just stating facts, I think.
You just can't have it both ways. One of the reasons people voted
Obama and the Democrats into power was for the promise of improved
educational systems and reform. You know this because you are one of
those going back to school and hoping for a bit of help(I think).
The President supports education from birth to adulthood, but the
'notion' of homeschool doesn't fit in the plan because it does not offer
enough control. Most recently he even said that kids should have more
school, more hours, year round.
Democrats and Obama are pushing a reform of NCLB, meaning more
assessments, more BS testing, more mainstreaming and fewer charter
schools or specialized schools. They want a uniform product, not a
maverick or independent thinker like a homeschooled kid. They want the
school to be a grand community center, so anyone who would choose not to
participate would be an anti-social pariah. The school day would be
12-15 hours long, reducing the time and influence of the parent, and
increasing conformity. These concepts oppose those of homeschooling,
and since the Democratic Judge obviously agrees with the President and
most of the country, homeschoolers, both Republican and Democratic and
Indies, are just plain SOL.