homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:42:48 -0800

Why, Rob? Do they never leave the house? Do they not go grocery shopping with their mother? Do they not participate in Little League or anything like that? Do they not use the library? Do they not have neighbors they play with?

And, the one question I'd really like answered by folks is how is it not socially retarding to sit in a classroom segregated by age? How is that preparing children to interact in the *real* world? Last time I had an out of the home job I didn't work with people that were all born in the same year I was, nor did I only work with people who were in AP/College Prep classes.

Please, someone explain to me how it is a good thing to isolate children from the real world and force them to have all decisions made for them by someone else.

Lynda, who never had to ask permission to use the bathroom at any job she ever had!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

snip<
My sister home schools her brood of 5. She works at least part time
and often more, and they all exceed. I worry about my nephews being
socially retarded, though.

Rob - Va