homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:39:45 -0800

Well, having worked with children who were subjected to the Pearls, Twelve Tribes, Dobson, Ezzo and other "christian" cult types who advocate withholding food and spanking infants with rods, I'd be a bit worried if I were the father and husband also!

Not doing birthdays or celebrating Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc. is not a big deal. It's all just moe consummerism anyway.

The whole "hair shirt" routines and selling paddles and "rods" specifically made in special sizes to fit the age of the child beginning at 3 months is child abuse IMNSHO!

We got kids in from Twelve Tribes that had hatch marks on their backs because they didn't, literally, jump instantly to obey a parent!

I know absolutely nothing about any of this, but this reminds me of the
controversy of the Opus Dei sect of the Catholic church.
Some of the alleged practices of the Sound Doctrine Church, e.g. no
birthday celebrations, remind me of the Jehovah's Witness group.