homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:51:08 EDT

That is a big part of this. She wants enough child support to be able to
stay home and homeschool the kids and the hubby does not want to pay that
much.
The Judge definitely has an agenda here he is serving and is going to far, I
doubt it is legal for him to take her right to homeschool in a divorce
hearing
anyway. He just needs to settle the case, tell her what she is getting. If
she can get creative and still homeschool then more power to her. If she
concludes she can't and has to enroll them then so be it. We all have to
survive
within our means. The fact that the kids are testing two years ahead of
their
age means he cannot fault her teaching and is in fact sentencing the kids to
inferior education compared to what they have been getting. Not fair to the
kids here either. I homeschooled all 3 of my kids for about half of their
years and know exactly what she is up against here.

Drew

In a message dated 3/12/2009 7:56:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,