homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:53:02 -0500

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:09 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> The way I see this is that the question that the judge had to answer is
> 'what is in the best interest of the child/children'?.  It is at that
> point he falls into the conservative-liberal trap.

One reason the judge made the ruling is that the father is concerned
about them being homeschooled. Dunno about the church either: it's
been called a cult during court proceedings, and the wife's father
filed an affidavit expressing concerns about his daughter being part
of a cult. From what I found on the Web, it sounds like a pretty
fundamentalist group that has some out-of-the-mainstream ideas about
how to interpret the Bible, but it's hard to get a feel for a religion
by reading doctrine.

What the situation sounds like is a messy divorce.

Marie