homestead - Re: [Homestead] ???

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ???
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:28:52 -0500

What I'm, perhaps unreasonably, expecting is some early assertion as to how
the news item relates to homesteading and the homestead life. Almost
everything can relate perhaps ... but how? If all of us forwarded a link to very
article we found interesting, the list would explode!

I do agree, but I'm not on so many lists anymore so it doesn't bother me. I'm still waiting to see how Wall St.'s problems are going to affect me. I have the same income and outgo that I've always had. Food in the supermarket seems cheaper than it's been...lots and lots of 'specials' at low prices. I started buying them in bulk, but my pantry is full and things are still on 'special'.

My electric rate has gone up a bit, so I've gotten more obsessive about turning things off when they aren't in use (a losing battle with 2 teenagers in the house). Otherwise, life is the same as it's been for several years. My son gets his driving learner's permit this month (and I get to put him on my insurance...hope his father helps pay for that).

Still can't find a job (nothing new there), so I'll just plant a bigger garden instead.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA