homestead - Re: [Homestead] Carrots

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Carrots
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:21:46 -0500

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Lynda <lurine AT com-pair.net> wrote:

> I don't have the patience to be a good carrot grower <g> And don't like to
> have to "work" to get veggies.

I probably don't either, my carrot bed would most likely not be meticulously
weeded pre-judging from past experience. It all starts off well enough,
then summer gets into full and weeding begins to take a back seat to other
activities.

> I've found they don't like things like parsnips and celery. They really
> love peas and do quite well in my salad bed (green onions, lettuce,
> radishes).

I'll plant some with peas, that seems like a natural since they go well
together on the plate.

> If you are going with just two, I'd use Red Core Chantenay and Danvers.

That sounds good.

lkvp