homestead - Re: [Homestead] Carrots

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Carrots
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:01:47 -0500

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:31 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Pulling an old thread out of the hat..<G>
>
> First, I should say that DH has decided he wants to learn to garden-this
> from a man who never had one and who never really participated in any
> gardening chore ever, except to help me build my raised beds.

Hey, Bev. Isn't it interesting what a really crappy economy will do to a
person's thinking. ;) I'm happy for you. My husband hasn't gone so far to
say he "wants to learn" but has said more than once that he will help and
assist more than usual this year. He likes to eat. ;)

> To me, that is easy and esthetically pleasing, but DH wants to built stuff,
> so
> he spent the day building bamboo trellis. That's cool, too.

Absolutely. Send him on over. We still have fruit trees to be pruned. The
weather has often been too warm for the trees or too cold to either of us to
stand relatively still for more than few minutes. Hubby's wrist is acting up
(carpal tunnel). Our 30+/- trees (not including the dwarf apples) are
waiting--not to mention the blueberries which I suppose we'll ignore--and
January is fading fast (which I'm also equally grateful for).

I'll follow this thread. Take care and hello to all.

Lisa