homestead - Re: [Homestead] Glasses from India

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Glasses from India
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:10:59 -0500

I just went to the Costco site and found that there are a couple of
stores down in HotLanta-closest is 74 miles. They've obviously opened
since I moved away. Thanks for the offer, but I could make the trip
there to pick them up if they offer what I need. I know there is a
LensCrafters, Pearl, and other chains down there as well. I just hate
making two trips down there, you know? It's not like I can be like 99%
of the rest of the world and get glasses in an hour. Mine take a week
or so. Frustrating.
I have two glasses options in town, the optical shop where I got these
glasses, and Walmart. I think ordering online will save a lot of money,
if the quality is good and the risk is low. I think Eyeglass Direct
might be my company...
Thanks everyone for indulging me in this search, and for the offers of help.
Lynda wrote:
Bev, can you hold off until after the 29th. I'll be going down to
the coast and I'll see if they will ship them from the store there.
You might have to buy a membership but if they won't ship, I could
pick them up and ship them to you.

Lynda ----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky"
<erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

No Costco here. But thanks anyway.

bobf wrote:
Bev, just a thought and I don't know if it will be of use to you.
Costco has consistently been rated # 1 by consumer reports for
the quality of their glass cutting (or plastic); & the overall
package and the price for quality. At the Doctor's showroom, my
wife's glasses would, also, cost well over $600. At Costco, the
price is almost half. And, they have a better selection of
frames than the doc.....................