homestead - Re: [Homestead] Carrots

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Carrots
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:32:53 -0800

My best carrot growing tips are two: 1) get a kid to grow them. Carrots grow real well for kids and have an inclination to thumb their noses at adults <g>; 2) ignore them. The more you fuss about carrots the less likely they are to grow!

All my beds are raised or lasagna, so they are really composty and the equivalent of real well dug and light. I simply scatter seeds around the bottoms of the peas, beans, tomatoes and in amongst the lettuce. I also plant them in amongst my herbs. They do real well with chives, rosemary and sage.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>