homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent dem

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent dem
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:14:52 -0800 (PST)

Near a city? Not a chance - I'm in the camp that they are going to be much
more dangerous places.

I already drive a 100mpg scooter.... I haven't found a vehicle that gets more
than that.  I think I'm already doing my part, much more so than the city
folks.   And I'm an expert horseman, push come to shove.

Government subsidy?  Not a chance.... I think most of government should be
lined up and sh*t....

The point was that increasing taxes on fuel will hurt rural people.  Not only
in their personal transportationg needs.   Most farmers still use tractors to
farm food for the city folks.  And transportation of food to the city folks
still requires fuel, much of it by truck from farms to rail.  Farmers also
need to have supplies to grow food delivered to them by trucks.
(Fertilizers, seeds, etc.)

Forget the homesteading aspects of farming for this conversation.... as city
folks aren't producing food in their highrise condos...  and require food
from food producers (a/k/a farmers).

Maybe what the government should do is ONLY raise fuel tax on folks who are
either living in a city, or not producing food.......so that the farmers can
still get the city folks food at a reasonable price.

:-)