homestead - [Homestead] Farm vehicle fuel taxes

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Farm vehicle fuel taxes
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:10:08 -0700

On Jan 11, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Leslie wrote:

Ah, true on diesel delivered to farms, no road tax on that one. My error.
Only tax on farm vehicles filled up at the local gas stations.

Not true in Missouri. At local stations I buy off-road diesel for the backhoe for a price that does not include road taxes. At the same pumps there are often guys with tractors on trailers. They fill them up with the same stuff, then fill up their big tanks.

The producer must put a red colorant in the off-road diesel. Should a highway patrolman catch someone using that red fuel in a road car there are legal consequences.

Gene GeRue
www.RURALIZE.com