homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demi

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demi
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:58:13 -0600

Bob wonders how the raising o gas prices elps rural people (of which I
am one). It's pretty straightfoward. Back before we had two cars in
every garage we had light rail. It will never come back unless it's
cheaper than driving. Right now we have private buses from a couple of
small towns to Springfield. The same is true for Peoria's Caterpillat
north of me. Without incentive people don't change, but ewxpensive gas
will bring change.