homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demis

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demis
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 09:28:21 -0500

>If nohing else we do neeed roads, bridges, etc.

This is where the O-man misses the boat entirely. I had harbored a small
smattering of hope that it would be different with him..... I dunno ... maybe a
'change'. What we positively do NOT need are bridges and roads. We need light
rail, trolleys, bus systems, etc.

Obama has always supported Amtrak, and Biden is one of it's biggest fans. Amtrak ridership, at least in the Northeast corridor is way up, and Amtrak is closely tied to the local light rail, at least in NY and southeastern PA (Amtrak owns and maintains much of the track in the northeast). I suspect at least some of Obama's fake 'jobs' money will go to mass transit. Good news for me, since that is where my ex works (in the regional track department at Amtrak), and hence where my child support comes from.

Lynn Wigglesworth