homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demi

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demi
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:24:16 -0800

We have transit here. It runs all over the place and the biggest "city" in the whole county is only 3500 people. The ocunty is bigger than the state of Deleware or Rhode Island and the total population is 13,000.

Transit is doable, people just can't be bothered. They need to think outside the box. The transit here works because they don't just transport people. If the shade tree machanic needs a part from the big city or Joe Citizen needs something from the "big" city, you pay $2 and the transit delivers it to the video store. Same day you order it. You can send stuff back to the lab or the library or whatever using the transit.

Think outside the box! That is what we need.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

But how does that help RURAL?

I live more than 10 miles from the closest small wide spot in the road town, and they will never build a bus, or trolley, etc. connecting us rural folks to the grocery store in town.

There's only two very teeny tiny towns in the whole county actually (the county is about the size of Miami-Dade County if not bigger in square miles. There's more people living in Dade County, than the whole state of New Mexico.