homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent dem

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent dem
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:31:14 -0800

No, depends on the station. Our station has two pumps. One is for off-road and one is for on-road. You don't have to have it delivered. Now, locally, we don't have off-road gas but where we used to live, we also had off-road gas tanks for the farmer that didn't have diesel run equipment. It was a card-lock station and those farmers had special forms they filled out and got a special card for the off-road gas pump.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

A friend of mine in N. FL, a former trucker many many years ago, called me last month. Said that he had received 2 phone calls from 2 different people trying to give him trucks, just take over payments..... They will be real cheap in a few years..... for those foolish enough to buy. But then oil supply destruction comes into play.

Yes, rail should be used more. I don't know if Buffet is super smart or not.... but a couple years ago he did start buying up a few railroads. Maybe he is anticipating decreased rail use down the road.

Ah, true on diesel delivered to farms, no road tax on that one. My error.
Only tax on farm vehicles filled up at the local gas stations.

I would definitely have concerns about all kinds of increasing taxes under a hyperinflation scenario. I would not trust the government to keep things as they have been when government becomes desperate.