homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent dem

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent dem
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:35:58 -0500

Maybe what the government should do is ONLY raise fuel tax on folks who are either living in a city, or not producing food.......so that the farmers can still get the city folks food at a >reasonable price.

Farmers are already sales tax exempt. I don't pay sales tax on anything I buy for the farm; equipment, animal feed, etc. That would include fuel, but I use so little for the farm (40-50 gallons/year) that I just pay the tax and don't bother with the paperwork.

Lynn WIgglesworth
Tioga Co. PA